- 06 705 6059
PhD in Physics from Utrecht University in the Netherlands.
MSc in Materials Physics and Nanotechnology from Linkoping University in Sweden.
BSc (Hon) in Applied Physics.
Aug. 2016 - Now
Assistant Professor in Physics at Ajman University of Science and Technology, Basic Science and Mathematics, Ajman, UAE.
Sept. 2011-Aug. 2016
Senior R&D Scientist at Physics department, Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands.
Eindhoven University of Technology, Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Postdoctoral fellow in Semiconductor Nanophotonics
Utrecht University, the Netherlands
PhD Candidate in Nanophotonics and Nanoplasmonics
- Nanoplasmonics and Nanophotonics.
- Light enhancement for optical applications in Solar cells, LEDs and Biosensors.
- Nanoparticles assembly for homogeneous and effective light absorption.
- Developing technologies for Solar cells fabrication and assembly.
- Shape deformation and optical field enhancement of embedded nanoplasmonic particles for light harvesting applications.
- Shaping of Au nanoparticles embedded in various layered structures by swift heavy ion beam irradiation
E.A. Dawi, W.M. ArnoldBik, R. Ackermann, F.H.P.M. Habraken, NIMB, Volume 384, October (2016) 86–92
- Rational description of the ion-beam shaping mechanism
G. Rizza, P. E. Coulon, V. Khomenkov, C. Dufour, I. Monnet, M. Toulemonde, S. Perruchas, T. Gacoin, D. Mailly, X. Lafosse, C. Ulysse, and E. A. Dawi, 2012. Phys. Rev. B 86, 035450
- Ion-induced elongation of gold NPs in silica by irradiation with Ag and Cu swift heavy ions
E.A.Dawi, G. Rizza, A. M. Vredenberg, and M. Toulemonde,
2011. Nanotechnology 22 215607.
- Ion beam shaping of Au nanoparticles prepared by micellar technique
E.A. Dawi, A. Klimmer, G. Rizza, P. Ziemann, NIMB 268 481–484.
- Ion beam shaping of Au nanoparticles in silica: Particle size and concentration dependence
E. A. Dawi, G. Rizza, M. P. Mink, A. M. Vredenberg and F. H. P. M. Habraken, 2009. Jr. Appl. Phys. 105, 074305
- Ion engineering of embedded nanostructures: from spherical to facetted nanoparticles
G. Rizza, E. A. Dawi, A. M. Vredenberg, and I. Monnet,
2009. Appl. Phys. Lett. 95, 043105